Inside your Sofa
At Vilaasita, our designs combine time-tested crafting technique with contemporary style. Simplicity and detailing are the cornerstones of our collections. Elegant design, finest quality raw materials and strict quality control ensure unique, heirloom pieces that help create a home you love.
Our sofas are great accent pieces and instantly enhance the look and feel of any space. We have designs to suit both traditional and contemporary spaces. Clean lines and bold colours are perfect for a modern home, while classic silhouettes and muted shades go seamlessly in a traditional space. The look and feel can also be easily refreshed from time to time with wise use of scatter pillows and throws to suit the mood.
Each Sofa at Vilaasita is customized and handcrafted in the size and fabric of your choice by third generation master craftsman specializing in the art of hand-tufting upholstery. All of our upholstery is finest quality- Linen-Cotton blends that bring exceptional beauty and strength to the piece.
Making of our Sofa Collection
Upholstered furniture is a big investment and you want to be sure that you are making the right choice. Framing, suspension
and fillings are the three cornerstones of a comfortable sofa. We want to ensure you are completely informed before making a purchase, so please familiarize with the information guide here.
Wood, joinery, legs and suspension are the four important aspects that ensure quality and durability of the sofa frame. At Vilaasita we only use carefully selected, premium quality teakwood for our sofa frames. We strictly do not use cheap packing material wood, manmade rubber, MDF or plywood, like a lot of manufacturers in the Indian market. Doweling and reinforced joinery further ensures a sturdy and long-lasting structure. Handcrafted and beautifully turned teakwood legs make for a stylish and sturdy sofa.
At Vilaasita, we use high quality coil or sinuous springs in addition to the webbing suspension to ensure maximum sitting comfort and strength. The coil springs are hand-tied 8 ways using a time-tested technique for maximum comfort and durability. This is non-existent in the ply board or rubber wood base, factory made Sofas, mostly available in the India market.
We use high quality foams and fillings to give you most comfortable sitting experience. All ranges contain resilient polyurethane foam that ensures excellent shape and comfort. The foam is further covered in a quality Dacron sheet for further comfort. Back cushions are poly-fiber fill. Overall, this gives the Sofa its great shape and comfortable seat.
SMART FABRIC FINISHES
We provide an option to hydrophobic, oleo-phobic and stain repellant fabric treatment done for our sofas. This ensures that the Sofas catch minimum dust and avoid stains, this giving them a long life.
- Prevent sharp objects from coming into contact with your furniture as they may cause damage
- Discourage pets from climbing on or clawing upholstery
- Place furniture gently in place when moving it, as dropping it forcefully may cause damage
- Please do not allow your furniture to be jumped on, as this will damage the springs and frame, and invalidate the guarantee
- Dust the entire piece periodically to maintain appearance and prevent fading and wear
- Gently vacuum the sofa fabric once a month
- Incase of a spill remove immediately. Use a clean cloth to blot the liquid spills. Work toward the center of the stain.
- Do not rub or use abrasive cleaners as this may damage the furniture
SUNLIGHT AND HEAT
- All upholstery fabrics can be affected by light, so we recommend they be positioned away from direct sunlight and heat to protect it from fading and premature fading
- We advice against locating products in excessively high or low temperatures, or where the environment is often damp as this may cause premature damage